Bluetooth-enabled fidget spinners explode while charging

9
views
Advertisement

The shoddily mass-produced electronic gadgets are at it again! In a completely expected twist in its sad, inevitable fate, two cases of exploding Bluetooth-enabled fidget spinners have been reported in Michigan and Alabama this week, as spotted by Gizmodo. The fidget spinners, both of which used Bluetooth to hook up to phones to play music through built-in speakers, exploded while charging for less than 30 and 45 minutes, respectively.

Kimberly Allums of Gardendale, Alabama, was downstairs when she heard her son screaming that his fidget spinner had caught fire. He quickly threw it in the sink to put it out with water. “It wasn’t smoking, it was in flames,” she told WBRC. You can see the ashes on the sink and a scorched section of the carpet.


WBRC

Advertisement

Allums is now warning people about the dangers of potentially exploding toys, saying, “Anytime, you have anything that needs to be charged, we really need to be paying attention to the manufactures of these, doing our research.” She reports that she tried to track down the maker of her son’s fidget spinner, but the box only said “Made in China.”

A similar incident happened to Michelle Carr of Fenton, Michigan, who reported to WEYI that her Bluetooth-enabled fidget spinner exploded while charging. She used the same cord she used for her baby monitor to charge, and it caught fire on her counter, which is now charred from the flames. She reports the spinner didn’t come with any directions on how to charge, nor did it come with a charger.


WEYI

I, for one, would like to apologize for my freakish ability to predict that fidget spinners would explode back in May, for it may have inadvertently put some things in the universe in motion.


I would also like to take this opportunity to declare fidget spinners “Officially Over.” Good day.

Source

SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here